Bad news for Scotland’s squad preparations for the “autumn” (it’s already winter here in the north) internationals came yesterday with announcements that scrum halves Chris Cusiter (thumb), Rory Lawson (ribs) and centre Graeme Morrison would all be unavailable. Luckily Mark McMillan is able to step into the breach – he’s been in form for Glasgow, and it’s good to have a Heineken Cup winner and former U21 captain to call on. It’s a big blow for Cusiter, who always seems like he gets injured just as he is hitting form. Nikki Walker will also join the squad, having been released by the Ospreys. Morrison’s absence leaves the midfield looking a little lightweight – especially considering they may have to face big lads like Nonu and De Villiers running at them – could it be Rob Deweytime again?
- 12 Things You Never Knew About Simon Berghan*
- A Guide to the Super Six
- World Rugby U20 Championships: Four to Follow – progress report 2019
- World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 Review: Four to Follow
- World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 Review: What’s next?
- World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 Review: Key Stats
- Edinburgh add further cover to squad
- Conference(s) of Cards