Bad news for Scotland’s squad preparations for the “autumn” (it’s already winter here in the north) internationals came yesterday with announcements that scrum halves Chris Cusiter (thumb), Rory Lawson (ribs) and centre Graeme Morrison would all be unavailable. Luckily Mark McMillan is able to step into the breach – he’s been in form for Glasgow, and it’s good to have a Heineken Cup winner and former U21 captain to call on. It’s a big blow for Cusiter, who always seems like he gets injured just as he is hitting form. Nikki Walker will also join the squad, having been released by the Ospreys. Morrison’s absence leaves the midfield looking a little lightweight – especially considering they may have to face big lads like Nonu and De Villiers running at them – could it be Rob Deweytime again?
- Rainbow Cup/1872 Decider: Glasgow Warriors 29 – 19 Edinburgh
- 1872 Cup is not yet a lost cause
- British & Irish Lions 2021 Squad: Gatland’s Choice
- Lions Squad Announcement & Reaction Live!
- Podcast: Episode 154 – Cammy’s Angels
- Podcast: Episode 153 – Seymour Butts
- A totally timely and not at all several weeks late review of Scotland’s Six Nations
- How Many Scottish Players Will Make the British & Irish Lions Tour?