Despite my earlier piece on this weekend’s rugby being of little interest to Scottish fans, the Gods of Rugby have seen fit to water my fire by serving up several good performances, including Glasgow’s first away win of the season and some good play from Edinburgh’s centres for the try in their losing performance against Dan Parks and Cardiff. Most heartening though, was the try count from Scotland’s senior squad backs who obviously felt this a last chance to put a marker down for the Six Nations. Nikki Walker, Simon Danielli and Rory Lamont all crossed for five-pointers but the performance of the weekend was surely Saints’ Man of the Match Joe Ansbro, who scored one try and created another for Northampton as they topped the qualification table for the Heineken Cup. Joe’s runs displayed power, awareness and good hands – all qualities that should see him well placed when the Scotland squad comes together shortly.
- Edinburgh v Glasgow preview: McDowall and Savala
- Can Edinburgh unlock Glasgow’s Defence?
- Guinness Rainbow Cup: Edinburgh v Glasgow Warriors Team Announcements
- Lions Boredom
- Podcast: Episode 155 – Forbsed In Fire
- Is Edinburgh’s Attack Broken?
- Rainbow Cup/1872 Decider: Glasgow Warriors 29 – 19 Edinburgh
- 1872 Cup is not yet a lost cause