Kit manufacturer Canterbury’s European trading arm has gone into administration, resulting in the collapse of kit sponsorship deals with both Glasgow Warriors and the national side. Edinburgh kit is supplied by Rhino, so they should be unaffected. Canterbury and the SRU were due to unveil a new away (or “change”) strip this week, so I guess we will never see what the new shirt would have looked like. The parent company Canterbury of New Zealand remains unaffected, so it is possible that the national side’s deal may be revived with them given it is still a pretty high profile team. Glasgow will be on the hunt for a new kit provider though.
- The Chiel on SRU Kills London Scottish Deal Last... "I also have a suspicion ( but no actual factual knowledge ) that the 7s..." 31 May, 1:08pm
- Jim Marshall on SRU Kills London Scottish Deal Last... "Wonder if Edinburgh move to Myreside has financial implications affecting London Scottish deal?" 31 May, 12:26pm
- coully on SRU Kills London Scottish Deal Last... "once again, all the good work done on the pitch by players (7s/glasgow/etc) is undone..." 31 May, 11:35am
- Rory Baldwin on SRU Kills London Scottish Deal Last... "It did seem like they were starting to get more right than wrong but this..." 31 May, 10:45am
- Rory Baldwin on SRU Kills London Scottish Deal Last... "I've updated the post with the SRU statement and a few snippets from LS's original..." 31 May, 10:43am